Birthstone Jewelry a Jewel for any Occasion
Twelve months in a year.
Twelve special gem stones one for each month.
Gemstones are the result of crystallization under high pressure. The vivid colors and attributes of gemstones owe it to the presence of impurities during the stage of crystallization. Moreover, these impurities become inclusions, giving rise to optical phenomena in the gemstone.
Most gemstones form in the Earth's crust, approximately 3 to 25 miles beneath the Earth's surface. Two gemstones, diamonds and peridot, are found much deeper in the Earth. Diamond forms in “kimberlite pipes” that originate in the Earth's mantle (>125 miles) and end at the surface. Molten magma running through these pipes usually reaches the surface as lava and cools off, but if it doesn’t reach the surface, it cools more slowly, crystallizes, and forms coarse-grained minerals.
According to the American Gem Society, these are the gems associated with each month, along with their purported “powers”:
- January - Garnet (happiness, health, wealth)
• February - Amethyst (peace, courage, stability)
• March - Aquamarine, Bloodstone (preservation of health)
• April - Diamond (love, prosperity)
• May - Emerald (mental health, passion)
• June - Pearl (purity), Alexandrite (intuition), Moonstone (good fortune)
• July - Ruby (love, success)
• August - Peridot (prosperity), Sardonyx (confidence), Spinel (energy)
• September - Sapphire (wisdom)
• October - Tourmaline (happiness), Opal (inspiration)
• November - Topaz, Citrine (calm, good fortune)
• December - Tanzanite (psychic powers), Zircon (virtue), Turquoise (love, success)
All the gemstones we so greatly treasure and admire come from various depths and locations in the earth’s crust.
Gemstones had an important rule in ancient times for healing, trading, and of course to contact the Gods.
There are many gem stones that didn’t got a special month like Morganite or onyx:
Of course, some of the gemstones like Opals and pearl sometimes considers as bad luck gem stones.
There no prove if they have bad or good luck, many believes are depend in the history of the country. Some of this believes are transfer for many generations.
Gemstones were once given for ousting demons to seizures from the body. Today, gemstones are reappearing with therapeutic values with the help of science. With gemstones put to use in cosmetics and luxury fashion accessories today, gemstone investments are at an all-time high.
We love to use gemstones in our jewelry. They have special colors and many times the colors so special that the jewelry is like one of a kind.